Woman wakes from two-year coma and names the family member responsible for it
Two years is a long time to wait for these kinds of answers. I'm glad she's finally coming out of it.
Jaclyn Abergas

Miracles can happen.

After two years of spending her life in a coma, Wanda Palmer has finally woken up, much to the joy of her mother, Aileen.

“Thank God, she’s still alive!” Aileen told NBC News. “Thank God prayers are still going up for her.”

In June 2020, Wanda Palmer was found savagely beaten inside her own home in Cottageville, West Virginia.

The police from the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department found her in an upright position on her couch. Due to her injuries, her attacker most likely used a hatchet or ax.

She was unconscious and barely alive.

But still alive.

They tried to find any evidence and any leads to her attacker but everything came up short.

“We had a little bit of an idea what happened, but the problem was with the nuts and bolts of the case we had nothing to go on. There was no eye witnesses, nobody lived in the home, no surveillance footage, no cell phone records. There was virtually nothing there to move forward on,” Jackson Country Sheriff Ross Mellenger explained.

YouTube - NBC News
YouTube - NBC News

Wanda Palmer’s investigation became a cold case.

It was recently opened when they got a big breakthrough in the investigation. Wanda woke up after being in a two-year coma.

The New Martinsville long-term care center, where Wanda had been living, called the detectives and told them of this new development.

They told the police that Wanda was able to speak to the authorities.

Although she received severe brain damage during the attack, she had begun to speak single words and she did respond when she was asked a question.

YouTube - NBC News
YouTube - NBC News

That’s why when Sheriff Mellenger went to ask her about her attacker, he knew Wanda was lucid enough, to tell the truth.

The truth hurts.

Wanda named her brother, Daniel Palmer, as the attacker.

Daniel has been charged with attempted murder and malicious wounding.

Earlier witness reports said that Daniel was seen on Wanda’s porch around midnight the night before Wanda was discovered.

Unfortunately, there were no phone records, surveillance footage, or other witnesses to confirm this report so he wasn’t arrested.

He was held in jail on $500,000 bail with no lawyer since he refused to sign any papers.

“The keys to the whole thing lay with the victim herself and with her unable to communicate we were left with nothing. Now low and behold two years later and boom , she’s awake and able to tell us exactly what happened,” Sheriff Mellenger shared.

YouTube - NBC News
YouTube - NBC News

When they asked Wanda what happened, she said she recalled being hurt inside a trailer. And when probed who hurt her, she said it was her brother.

They also asked why Daniel might have hurt her.

She said he was mean.

It turns out Wanda and Daniel have a violent history but Daniel denied the charge and said he wasn’t anywhere near Wanda’s house before the attack.

YouTube - NBC News
YouTube - NBC News

Learn more about what happened in the video below.

Please SHARE this with your friends and family.